Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Thing 1

Well, Thing 1 seems to have been accomplished without a hitch! I confess I am surprised at the ease of setting up a blog - more a perfunctory exercise in following simple directions than either a technical feat or a creative endeavor. Inspired by the ease of it, I (almost) wish we had been asked to do something a bit more creative, and am lamenting that this is solely for the purpose of commenting on the process itself and the assignments to come. Ha, not really!!- time being the big issue (when do people read these things much less maintain their own?!) though I will admit that I've come up with a great title and topic for the blog I would establish if I ever feel inclined to share my passions and opinions with the entire world. And, when that day comes, at least now I'll know how to do it!

From the sample blogs I visited, I do see many applications for libraries - from keeping abreast of patron's concerns and opinions to informing them of library events, etc. to allowing them to be more active participants as members of the library community. I look forward to seeing how SPL utilizes this tool in the future!

2 comments:

The Skokie Ten said...

If you want to get creative with your blog, you can do all sorts of fun things under 'Customize'. You can always play around with changing the colors and fonts in your template, adding polls, photos, feeds and a whole slew of things under 'Page Elements'. I know what you mean about time constraints, though. It's easy enough to get sucked into making customizations, let alone actually posting to your blog and reading others' posts!
-jennifer

Roseann said...

I guess it was unclear what I meant by being creative - I wasn't referring to customizing this particular work-related blog but to creating a non-mandatory one geared toward my personal interests - where I would be inspired to be creative (in my writing/posts, content, etc.) as well as customizing the site. My understanding is that this blog is intended as a place for commentary on doing the 10 things and to just play around with using Blogger.